99spaces is proud to support the new SWHA formed to take the future of coworking in Australia to the next level. And you are invited to play a role in determining its direction.
In the year since the Association launched, the following highlights have been achieved:
• Successful launch at Macquarie Tower with over 50 people in attendance.
• Monthly meetings held at host members to share best practice.
• A successful trial with Westpac completed with the possibility of an expanded trial in 2016.
• An OH&S program developed with NSW Government assistance.
• Sponsored a well attended GCUC Conference in Sydney and pitched the SWHA proposal.
• Held informative venue host forums.
• Transitioned to Shared Work Hubs Association and conducted an interstate roadshow.
• Developed a new web site www.sharedworkhubs.com.au, Facebook and Twitter presence.
• Advocated our industry to Government.
The Association will be holding an AGM on March 30th 2016, where a new Board will be elected and the direction of the Association determined.
The proposed initial activities of the Association might be:
1 Advocate for the industry to Government.
2 Support an annual industry conference.
3 Establish group buying opportunities for members.
4 Conduct educational and networking events for members.
5 Seek aggregated marketing and sales opportunities to corporates.
6 Develop an accredited venue standard service system for members.
7 And in response to our roadshow events, we have added the need to engage in research of the industry in Australia.
Ultimately, it is up to the members to decide direction and priorities.
We believe it important for continued growth that this industry be represented by acollective voice, and forming a well supported Association is one way of achieving that next step in industry development. Please consider joining.
Interested parties need to join by the end of February and the goal is to have 50 members from around the country before the AGM to fairly represent the national interests of the industry.
You can register online at www.sharedworkhubs.com.au/membership. To discuss your application further, please call Graham Baker (Independent Chair) on 0457274043.
We look forward to hearing from you. We are available at any time to provide any further information or clarification.